What to Expect From a POUND Class
Haven’t tried a POUND Class yet? Curious about this “drum workout” you’ve been hearing about? Take a look at this top 10 list we’ve wrangled up from the fine folks in our POUND Posse:
1. Ripstix™: You’ll develop a newfound love for these neon green drum sticks that get you ripped!
2. Permission to Rock: GRANTED. Anyone can rock — no matter what age, lifestyle, or occupation! POUND gives you the freedom to jam, strike, and make as much noise as you want! No need to be a pro musician. It’s designed for all levels of coordination and musicality!
3. Therapy Session: Studies have shown that there are many brain-boosting and stress-relieving effects of drumming. (But do you really need a study to tell you how good it feels to tap into that primal kick-ass, happy-aggro feeling of beating on a drum?)
4. Discover hit songs: As music enthusiasts, we pride ourselves on discovering the best workout music around. Your musical vocabulary will increase as we bring you a motivating, diverse workout playlist with everything from rock, to rap, to funk, to dubstep, and beyond! No generic gym music. Ever. That’s a promise.
5. Sweat: Over 15,000 repetitions with those Ripstix™. You’ll work. Trust us.
6. Trojan Horse Workout: POUND rivals the difficulty of an extreme boot camp, the effectiveness of intense Pilates and the benefits of cardiovascular interval training — but uses strategic distraction to mask the anguish of all three!
7. New Friends: The POUND community (or POUND Posse as we lovingly call ourselves) thrives at every venue and now online, too! Check out our Facebook page for new music, inspiration, and tips from the posse about how to be a rock star in and out of the gym!
8. Soreness: You’ll get that good, oh-yeah-that’s-right kind of sore. Each POUND sesh combines the rapid arm movement of drumming with various poses, positions, and stability-challenging motions to engage muscles that are rarely activated during any other type of exercise. This creates more efficient muscles throughout the whole body!
9. Hear your body working: No other workout provides that audible feedback the way that POUND does. With each strike, tap, and beat, you’re combining the experience of resistance, strength training and cardio with sound and motion. Which is just WAY more fun!
10. You’ll want to take us home with you! With all stress relief, weight loss, strength and confidence you get after trying POUND, you’ll be coming back for more. Good news: you can! Click here for a Backstage Pass to our new streaming workout videos!
Forward this link to your friends, find a class near you, and come POUND it out!
See POUND in Action!
Pound is all about movement.
- See the POUND girls, Cristina and Kirsten, as they demonstrate some basic POUND moves.
- "I have so much fun rockin' the Ripstix that every time I forget how sore my glutes and thighs will be the next day." — Ash Allen – Washington, DC
- "I finally get to tap into my inner Rockstar and I am Loving it. This class is not only fun but a killer workout." — Michelle Opperman – San Francisco, CA
- "I've never enjoyed sports or going to the gym, and finally I've found a workout I can plan for my week that motivates me to move! . . . With one year of Pounding under my belt, no other form of exercise has had me coming back week after week for this long." — Gali Firstenberg – Los Angeles, CA